September 8, 2012

Peller Estates 2007 Private Reserve Cabernet Franc


Click here to read the original review from April 2010

(Re-Tasted September 2012) ... About two and a half years ago is when I put the first review of this wine up (and gave it a 5-star rating), and in truth I was not suppose to have a bottle for another 2 years because I have that much faith in it ... but tonight I suddenly wanted to see how it was doing - and that is my prerogative, as it is my wine cellar.  I am happy to report this wine is doing just fine, thank you very much.  The nose is loaded with raspberry, blackberry with a pleasant smokiness - the palate still has those firm tannins along with black currant fruit dominating, then come those smoky notes from the barrel and some tobacco leaf (a usual tell-tale sign of Cabernet Franc).  If you have some in your cellar don't worry you've got lots of time.


No comments: