September 27, 2012

Willow Springs 2005 Testa Limited Reserve Cabernet Franc - Bottle 1



(Re-Tasted September 2012) ... Earlier this week I posted about tasting a horrible Cabernet Franc, and for those of you who follow me on Twitter and Facebook, here it is.  This was just a nasty piece of business, but I can't blame the wine or the wine making, in fact, when I read my review from back in January 2007 this wine should have been made for the long-haul.  Alas some %R*%&**& decided to close this wine with a plastic cork - and if you follow my wine reviews and re-taste notes you know what I think of plastic.  You'll know that I think a plastic cork isn't good at the best of times, but what made this wine even more exciting was that it had a leaky plastic cork - well that's even better, or worse, depending on how you look at it.  I really have nothing else to say about this wine ... if the producer doesn't care enough about their premium reserve wine to seal it with a proper closure, then I guess I reserve the right not to write anymore about the wine.  If you have some of this in your cellar all I can say is good luck.  Picture of the offending cork and wine label appears to the right.

Maybe I'm being a little hard on this wine ... seems I have another 2 bottles of this, that's the confidence I had in this wine.  I'll try it again over the next week to see if I just got a very faulty bottle ... instead of just a faulty bottle.  Stay tuned.



No comments: