May 26, 2013

Colio Estate 2011 CEV Sauvignon Blanc



(Re-Tasted May 2013) ... It really has not been that long since I tasted this wine, but over the past couple of days I have tried a number of Sauvignon Blancs and I have come to the conclusion that these wines have got to be drunk early.  And so without further ado I grabbed a bottle of this Colio CEV Sauvignon Blanc and gave it a try.  The freshness of the wine has left the bottle and has given way to a more complex aromas and flavours: lanolin and beeswax take charge on the nose and palate, while there are hints of lemon and lime rind also to be had.  This is a wine I will be drinking my cellar dry of this summer as it has lovely food pairing capability - but know that it will all be gone by summer's end as I am not sure I will enjoy it in another year, as that lemon-lime-ness might be completely gone.


No comments: